Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Picasa on Linux

Yesterday I re-installed Linux Ubuntu and upgraded to 9.10 (Koala). A week ago, my Windows had a virus and the only way I could figure getting rid of it completely was to re-install. Windows overwrites the MBR so I had to try and get grub working. Since I have most of my work on LVs, re-installing has become very easy .

But, back to Picasa 2. I tried the Google instructions for Ubuntu Feisty. Everything went ok except the package managing application died after I updated the sources (message found in .xsession-errors: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Xapian::DatabaseModifiedError').
Following the Google command line suggestions, sudo apt-get install picasa, everything is working! I will try to install it later on Mandriva to see if it works without a functioning Windows Partition.

1 comment: